BioHaven Floating Island Technology
The BioHaven Floating Island Technology is designed around the same principles as a wetland: utilizing the natural processes of plants and microbes to improve water quality. BioHavens are man-made floating islands.
Similar to wetlands, they create a habitat for plant and microbial species. However, the proprietary design of the BioHaven Floating Islands enables plants and microbes to live in ultra-high concentrations, exponentially higher than those found in naturally occurring or constructed wetlands.
As a result, BioHaven Floating Islands are substantially more effective at improving water quality than wetlands. Additionally, the BioHaven Islands can be produced, deployed, and maintained at a fraction of the cost of both wetlands and brick and mortar treatment facilities.
Compared to all other water treatment technology, the benefits of the BioHaven Floating Island Technology are unmatched.
A few of the many benefits of the BioHaven Floating Island Technology include:
* Environmentally friendly with the use of no chemicals or operational energy
* Recognized performance leader in contaminant reduction
* The capacity to simultaneously treat multiple pollutants (nitrate, phosphate, ammonia, organic carbon, algae, heavy metals, suspended solids, etc.)
* No construction requirements or use of existing land for facilities or wetlands
* Aesthetic and recreational improvements to the community and the environment (water clarity, odor control; parks, multi-use facilities)
* Rapid deployment; able to launch a 30,000 square meter solution in less than 90 days
* Cost-effective; a fraction of the cost of both constructed wetlands and brick and mortar waste water treatment plants (in terms of construction, deployment, and maintenance/operations)
Can be effectively integrated with other water treatment technologies and improve performance of existing treatment facilities
Blue Frog Water Gardens is pleased to be the exclusive Ontario distributor for this amazing system.
Contact us for more information and available case studies.